ETS offers free poster printing for senior design and other engineering student projects.
Please notify the help desk of your poster printing requirements two weeks prior to any due date so that we can ensure the required supplies and staff are available. This includes course project due dates and public presentations.
- The printer contains two rolls of paper that 36" and 40" wide.
- Standard poster dimensions are 24" x 36" or 30" x 40". Portrait or landscape orientation does not matter.
- The printer will trim the paper upon completion.
- Custom dimensions are allowed but it is recommended that one of the dimensions is 36" or 40" to eliminate the need for cutting. See illustration.
- The printers are color but do not print on glossy paper. We recommend avoiding color gradients in your backgrounds.
- Printing is done at the help desk, EII Room 306D, 8am - 4pm, Mon - Fri.
- One person requesting the poster must be present at the help desk while it is printing.
- The help desk does not supply poster boards, mounting materials, or adhesives.
For larger or more complex printing, visit UConn's Document Production Center.
Model: DesignJet T7200
- Download one of the provided templates
- Size the poster to 24" x 36" or 30" x 40".
- To save your file
- Save on
- Use PDF format.
- Provide a unique file name (e.g. include your last name).
- Save on
- Additional requirements for Senior Design projects:
- Your poster must be PORTRAIT oriented
- Ensure the template and dimensions you select meet the approved senior design sizes for your department.
- Name your file Department_Team.pdf (e.g. ETS_Team1.pdf, CBE_Team12.pdf)
* If working off campus, follow the instructions for mapping the Q: drive from off campus.