The ECS Learning Centers are located in the Engineering II Building, rooms 305, 306, and 307 and in the Information Technology Engineering Building, rooms 134 and 138.
Normal Semester Hours
• Monday – Thursday, 8AM – Midnight
• Friday, 8AM – 10PM
• Saturday, Noon – 10PM
• Sunday, Noon – Midnight
• Everyday 8AM – Midnight
Summer and Winter Break Hours (EII only)
• 8AM -4PM
The room capacities for the Learning Center in Engineering II are as follows:
• Room 305 – 20 computers
• Room 306 – 28 computers
• Room 307 – 16 computers
(Rooms 306 & 307 connect via sliding windows, a speaker system, and dual display overhead projectors)
The room capacities for the Learning Center in ITEB are as follows:
• Room 134 – 29 computers
• Room 138 – 34 computers
Rules for Learning Center Use:
Once your reservation has been approved, you will need to address the following:
- If non-UConn people are part of your program, you must follow the instructions here to request visitor IDs for them.
- The labs hours are posted on the reservation site. If you require access afterhours contact ETS 860-486-5305 for key card access.
- If you require specific software for your event. You will need to identify what software is required for each reservation. Please include the full software name and version. You are required to test new software two weeks prior to use in the lab. Please contact George or Wes at 860-486-5305 if you have any questions.
- Due to the high volume of usage and limited computers, the Learning Centers MAY NOT be reserved, with the exception of previously scheduled classes, during the last 30 days of each semester. That is three (3) weeks of classes and one (1) week of final exams.
- Student capacity MAY NOT exceed the number of computers available. If you exceed this capacity, you will not receive a reservation. On the day of the reservation, if students are seated in the aisles or 2+ to a computer, you will be asked to leave.
The person reserving the room is responsible for the space and leaving it in the same condition it was found.
- No Food or Drink are allowed in the lab space
- Chairs pushed in, computer keyboards and mouse placed in front of monitors
- Do NOT turn off computers
- Lights off
- Doors locked and secured after event
- Garbage in receptacles, pick up any left-over papers and dispose of in recycling
If you have a concern about the space, encounter a problem, or have a question about the equipment please contact George Assard at 860-208-5692 (cell) or Sharon at 860-486-0769.
Please review the current schedules to ensure your requested date and time is available
Please complete and submit the form for a Learning Center Reservation Request here.