ETS manages the reservation of the following School of Engineering vehicles:
- Box truck with the following capabilities:
- Maximum gross weight: 11,000 lbs
- Maximum payload weight is being measured soon, please check back
- Lift gate payload: 2,000 lbs
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 pickup truck with the following capabilities:
- Total weight of cargo and passengers: 2,948 lbs
- Total towing: 10,000 lbs
- Tongue weight: 1,500 lbs
- Hitch ball size: 2-5/16″
- Trailer that can haul up to 10,000 lbs. Cannot be towed by the box truck. – Exclusive use by Mechanical Engineering Department undergraduate activities ONLY!
There are a few basic rules that must be adhered to before a reservation is made:
- Vehicle must be used for official university business ONLY
- Individual must be a student, faculty, or staff member of UConn
- Avoid the use of the trailer for liquids with potential spillage
- Avoid the use of the trailer for hauling discarded furniture, equipment etc. – Exclusive use by Mechanical Engineering Department undergraduate activities ONLY!
- Users of the any of the vehicles are responsible for cleaning after use and any damages
- If you are a student, you must read the essential rules in the University’s policy, including the transfer of bio fuels. Click here to read this policy.
- Individual must be in a recognized club or on the University payroll
- Individual must hold a valid driver’s license (copy will be kept on file)
- If individual is traveling out of state, additional preparation may be required. If a Bradley parking pass or an advance are needed, a Pre-Trip Travel WebForm must be filled out. If not, it is up to your department whether the form is necessary. See here for details.
- When using any vehicle, the individual is responsible for the key(s) that will be issued and a binder that states the special instructions for each unique vehicle, that includes filling out a mileage report for the trip.
- Approval from department head should remain on file
- A faculty member email, acknowledging the trip, name of student(s), date of trip, date of travel, purpose of the travel, and the confirmation that the individual (s) is/are on the University payroll, must remain on file.
- If the individual is using the vehicles for the UConn Racing Team, they must read and agree to these terms provided by the State of Connecticut Director of Insurance and Risk Management.
Parking on Campus Property – Policy Updated February 2017
Parking under campus trees, or on lawns, sidewalks and unpaved surfaces outside designated parking areas, is strictly prohibited by University policy. Last year, Parking Services cited (ticketed) 1,173 vehicles in violation of this policy, including many repeat offenders undeterred by enforcement efforts.
Therefore, Parking Services is now authorized to cite and/or tow a vehicle upon its first offence.
The owner of the vehicle will be responsible for the payment of all fees and fines associated with enforcement of the policy, and the University will bear no responsibility for any negative impacts related to enforcement measures.
Contact George Assard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-486-5305 with questions.
Please review the current vehicle reservation calendar to ensure your requested date/vehicle is not already reserved: